When I saw the artwork of The Broken Buscuit, I thought that rebuilding this would be a good excercise to get more into Houdini. So I took the amazing fox skull scan from artec3d and created the piece you see here.
I created the geometry in Houdini, but then took everything over to Cinema 4D, because I couldn’t figure out how to explode the parts in Houdini. But I’m still on it! I just wanted to quickly finish this picture.
This is a derivative of the method I used for the pencil skull. Also gives a great look with a nice subsurface scattering material!
created in 2017
software used: Houdini, Cinema 4D, Octane Render & Photoshop